Before you submit your pull request, please:
- If you are considering submitting a pull-request that is more than a simple fix, open a discussion on GitHub first with your proposal.
- Search GitHub for an open or closed Pull Request that relates to your submission.
Make your changes in a new git branch:
git checkout -b my-fix-branch master
- Follow our Coding Style.
- Create your patch, including appropriate test cases and documentation.
- Run the test suite.
- Commit your changes using a descriptive commit message that follows our commit message conventions.
git commit -a
Note: the optional commit
-a command line option will automatically "add" and "rm" edited files.
Build your changes locally to ensure all the tests pass.
Push your branch to GitHub:
git push origin my-fix-branch
In GitHub, send a pull request to
If we suggest changes, then:
- Make the required updates.
- Re-run the test suite to ensure tests are still passing.
- Commit your changes to your branch (e.g.
- Push the changes to your GitHub repository (this will update your Pull Request).
That's it! Thank you for your contribution!